We are a tight-knit, hard working and enthusiastic group with a clear ambition to make used cars as easy to buy as anything else. Are you ready to join an incredible growth journey?
Looking to join a rapidly growing scale-up? Want to disrupt a traditional industry with technology?
Rebil is an online used car concept, where customers get their car delivered within 24 hours with a few clicks online. After launch preceding expectations, our next milestone is to achieve run rate revenues of 400 MNOK this year. Rebil will invest heavily in building proprietary technology and build an in-house tech team comprised of outstanding Developers and Data Scientists.
We are now looking for a Tech Lead to fire up the development of best-in-class tech within our core areas related to automated pricing, efficient logistics and class leading E-commerce.
About the role
Rebil is rapidly growing within the used car industry, with our online distribution of used cars. Currently, we are hiring extensively, and we are looking for a Tech Lead to join our team. You will be responsible for developing, testing and launching new applications and projects. In addition you will have responsibilities regarding our tech strategy and project management.
In Rebil, there are three core business areas where technology plays a critical role, where the interplay across the three areas are key:
- Automated pricing: machine learning approach to estimate used car prices
- Logistics: efficient handling and quality control of cars in and out, in addition to inspection and repairs
- E-commerce: developing our E-commerce platform as the preferred way to buy and sell cars online.
As a Tech Lead in Rebil you will get the chance to be among the first members of our in-house tech department, with support and daily collaboration with the tech department in Askeladden & Co.
As a Tech Lead in Rebil, you will be an important part of our ambitious plans. This means varied, exciting and challenging tasks across the three core areas of pricing, logistics and e-commerce. We are building our competitive advantage through technology, where the combination of rapidly launching new applications to support our growth is key, in parallel with building our long-term tech stack brick by brick. The focus will be on the following areas:
- Development of e-commerce applications on desktop and mobile
- Development of APIs consumed by our applications
- Contributing to development of tech strategy
- Integrate with third-party APIs such as payment, financing, insurance and logistics.
- Develop prototypes of new projects and applications
- Collaborate with data scientist in developing pricing model and implementing in existing applications
- Manage database with information throughout Rebil’s supply chain
We are offering:
- Competitive salary
- Unique opportunities for development
- Unique opportunities for development
- Fantastic working environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues
- An innovative and disruptive place to work, challenging industry norms
- The opportunity to work in a rapidly growing scale-up with the advantages of being part of a large, professional system (Rebil is a part of Askeladden & Co)
Is this you?
- Experience with system or software development
- Desirable with experience in the following technologies: React.js, Node.js, TypeScript, Docker, PostgreSQL, Serverless Framework, AWS
- Higher education at university/college level or experience corresponding to the same educational course
- It is a plus if you have an entrepreneurial sprout in your stomach or have some side/open source projects to refer to
Application and start date
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Language: Norwegian and/or English
Rebil offers the most convenient and transparent way for private individuals to acquire and sell their car online. With a few clicks of a button, customers get their car delivered at home within 24 hours for free. With the ambition of becoming the Nordic destination for cars, we are creating the most convenient and safe way to buy and sell a used car.
Our customers get:
- Free delivery: car delivered at home for free within 24 hours
- Return policy: 14 day return policy with money-back-guarantee if you change your mind
- No surprises: Thorough inspection, complete service and minimum 6 months warranty
Learn more about Rebil: