NTC (=New Things Company) is looking for an experienced software developer with an interest in building a top-notch consultancy of the future.
We choose our client projects with care, based on our team’s interests, so you’ll always be working on cases that interest you specifically. In our projects, you will work as part of a team with other talented developers and designers.
The kind of work we go for:
- Smaller local companies, working on building something completely new and exciting with a team of New Things.
- Projects, where we can help our clients with more than "just" implementing the work.
All our projects are built on modern web technologies using modern methods and tools. Most of our clients are in Finland, we work with some individual clients in the US and the Nordics.
What we offer
Any role in our company comes with great freedom and high impact. We operate in a flat hierarchy, self-organized environment where anyone can make things happen. As a consultant in our company, you will get a chance to take part and impact sales and choose your own work, you will have a chance to impact our direction as a company and take part in our trainings and courses.
We operate on a fixed monthly salary to give people the freedom and time to participate in internal development, courses and self-learning.
We are looking for
- Experience in developing web based products, functional programming, cloud platforms and distributed systems. We choose our technologies pragmatically for our client projects, always focusing on problems solving first.
- Great team working skills; Sharing knowledge, helping others, learning from others, and asking for help when you need it.
- Communication skills; treating others with respect and empathy.
- An interest in being a part of building a consultancy of the 2020s. We also appreciate it if you have your own vision for the talent we need in the company for the future.
- Fluent English, fluent Finnish is a major bonus.
- Necessary permits to work in Finland.
- Living in or close to the Helsinki Region
Who we are
New Things Co was founded in 2017 together with our friends from Reaktor. Currently we have a team of 25 people, both developers and designers all of whom are multitalented generalists with their individual areas of focus. We’re united by our common passion for learning new things and building meaningful digital products.
We live by three core values, Empathy, Curiosity and Transparency. Our values show in the way we communicate and treat others around us. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and company culture.
Our process is flexible and streamlined. As we are not looking for anyone for a specific project, we don’t have specific timelines or rush. However, we are able to turn the whole process around in 1-2 weeks if needed.